I learned from Dr. Mark Hyman a few years ago, that fats are not bad for you, and from there on out I have always slathered my foods with ghee, oil, and butter without shame. When I discovered the Keto diet I knew that I could definitely take a lot of those recipes and adapt them to my own eating habits.
These bites are super yummy and can be made with coconut oil, but since I have a coconut allergy I ended up making them with only ghee and they turned out great and the perfect recipe to curb your sweet tooth! The sugar I used is Monk Fruit which has zero calories and doesn’t raise your GI.
I only had puppy paw print molds, but you can obviously pour these into any shape you want!
Acai Keto Bites
Fat filled metabolism boosters in a bite sized form!
- 1/2 cup Ghee
- 2 scoop collagen peptides (Vital Proteins)
- 1/3 cup Monk Fruit Sugar (Lakato)
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp acai (powder)
- Place all your ingredients in a food processor. Process until everything is blended together.
- Using a silicone mold, pour the batter into the molds.
- Freeze until solid. Pop them out of the molds when slightly thawed for best results.
- Store in an airtight freezer-container for up to 2 weeks!
If you decide to make these, I’d love to see them! Tag me in your photo on Instagram @caleeshea