Here is a damn good chocolate cookie recipe (if I do say so myself) adapted from @shutthekaleup’s amazing cashew cookies.
A few things to note:
• I changed up the flour because her recipe uses cassava and your girl here is very allergic (sad face) but the garbanzo bean flour HAS to be the @thrivemktbrand to work right – I tried to make about 50 cookies last night for a work thing but I didn’t have that brand and they were very chalky and I was not a fan.
• I used grass fed organic butter because I’m allergic to coconut (sad face #2) but you can swap out the butter for coconut oil to make them vegan!
• I used a standing mixer but an electric mixer will be great too!
Gluten Free & Almost Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice flour (Thrive Market)
- 1 cup sprouted garbanzo bean flour (Thrive Market)
- 1/3 cup butter* (grass fed organic)
- 1 cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda (Bob’s Red Mill )
- 1 cup maple syrup
- pinch himalayan pink salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- Combine all ingredients into mixing bowl
- Mix thoroughly with a standing mixer or hand mixer
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Use an ice cream scooper to scoop out about 12 cookies
- Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes depending on how crunchy you want them to be!
*Switch out the butter for coconut oil to make them vegan