I have searched HIGH AND LOW for a gunk-free (and allergy friendly for me) baking chocolate and I have finally found one.
I raced home from the grocery store and immediately got to making these PB Cups for my man.
He’s been so committed to cutting out sugars and sticking to a Paleo diet and I do my best to help make it fun for him!
These can be made with Coconut Oil and the nut butter can easily be swapped out –
Vegan + Paleo Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 1/2 cups cacao wafers (Imlak’esh Organics)
- 1 tbsp cacao butter
- maple syrup (to taste)
- peanut butter
- Line a cupcake tin with 6 baking cups
- Melt cacao wafers over the stove with cacao butter (or coconut oil), stir continuously. Mix in maple syrup to taste.
- Pour a thin layer of melted chocolate into each baking cup and then freeze for 5-8 minutes or until hard.
- Remove from freezer and spoon out 1 tablespoon of peanut (or almond) butter each and then pour another layer of chocolate over the top.
- Freeze for 15 minutes and then store in the refrigerator in an airtight container